Foreign degree equivalency in USA

Foreign degree equivalency in USA

Foreign degree equivalency in USA

The US is largely known as a place where ambitious people can make their dreams come through, hence, people are constantly looking to come into the country to achieve something. We all wish it was easy to just wander into a country and start living it up, but it isn’t. Certain requirements must be met first, especially for foreign students looking to further their education, get employed or enlist in the military. To make any of these possible, evaluation of your foreign degree is essential. There a bunch of reasons why a foreigner looking to step foot in the US may want to have his foreign degree evaluated, and here are the best three reasons.

Educational Purposes:

Education in the US is one of the most recognized and patronized around the world, and this also attracts foreigners. Individuals seeking entry into a US educational institution require some sort of academic evaluation to enhance the admission process. Students who wish to study in US need to present educational records in an appropriate format.

Employment Purposes:

US economy is largest and strongest in the world with a wide range of employment opportunities located not only in the US, but all over the world. So, we have tons of people wanting to come work on US soil for this reason. However, with unfamiliar degrees from other nations, a degree equivalency evaluation is inevitable just to see if your degree matches up to US standards.

Immigration Purposes:

The United States is one of the most popular nations in the world with a bunch of tourist attractions to go with its booming economy. So, fellas from other nations and continents easily want to relocate to the US, temporarily and permanently sometimes. Whichever type of residency you are seeking (temporary or permanent residence), your application will be more credible and gain more recognition with correct reference to your educational background.


Foreign degree evaluation reports required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for pretty much all visa demand that the candidate presents a degree equivalent to at least a US bachelor’s degree. A document evaluation or an education and work experience equivalency evaluation is generally required.

Document Evaluation Report

  • It presents an equivalent for every diploma, certificate, or transcript (grade report, examination record, marks sheet) handed in for evaluation.
  • Shows accurate dates of attendance and location of institution.
  • Defines profile of the institution and programs.

Education and Work Experience Report

This report presents a document indicating the years of education and verified work experience. Education and work experience or work only evaluations satisfies the Immigration rules to merge work experience and incomplete university work, makes a higher degree.

Get your Foreign degree equivalency in USA here:

Credential Evaluation in Miami

Credential Evaluations in Miami, Florida.

Credential Evaluation Services in Miami, Florida

We always get asked the question:

Do you guys do credential evaluation services in Miami?”

The answer is a HUGE “YES!” 

We have been proud to service the Miami area, and its surrounding areas for the last 7 years, and have evaluated thousands of foreign credentials in Miami area as well.

So the second question is, “Okay how do I begin?”  Great question!  Well, do you have your documents electronically?  If so, please visit our Application page to begin.  You will enter your information, create an account if you want, and upload your documents.

If you don’t have your documents scanned in or photos, we would kindly ask that you take photos with your smartphone or tablet (like an iPhone or Android) and send them to for a quick quote.

Third question we get asked is, “What if my documents aren’t in English? Do I have to translate them?”

Answer to that is: We can translate them as we are certified translators by the ATA

Fourth question we get is “Which NBA basketball team do you root for in Florida?”  Just kidding!  (Go Heat!)

So now lets go over the different types of evaluations!  We offer 2 types of academic evaluations:

  1. Diploma Evaluation
  2. Course by Course Evaluation

We do evaluate for USCIS, as well as employers, and Universities across Florida (Go Gators!)

If you have any questions about how to get your foreign degree evaluated in Miami, please call us at 415-310-3478, and we would be happy to walk you through the process of getting your credentials verified.  A lot of times, its more affordable than you think, and we are always here to help almost 24 hours around the clock!

Not ready to go forward now, but want a quote?  Click here to request a pricing quote for what you would pay, when you are ready!

Credential Evaluation in Los Angeles

Credential Evaluation Services in Los Angeles

Credential Evaluation Services in Los Angeles

United States Credential Evaluation Services (USCES) has opened it’s 4th office in the Greater Los Angeles area.  Out of this office, we provide expert opinion letters, academic credential evaluation services, and certified translation services.

It really came out of need.  We had a ton of customers wanting to stop by and drop off documents in Los Angeles, so we really wanted to staff up and open an office to service clients there.

– Roger Elm, Senior Evaluator

You can locate us in the awesome new building at 11755 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1250, Los Angeles, CA 90025.  Be sure to call us at 323-546-8211 to setup an appointment for consultation, or to drop off documents.  We typically staff it Monday – Friday, from 8am – 6pm.  After hours support can be found on our website at

For directions, please see our location on Google Maps, here:

Los Angeles is a great location for us because we have always been wanting to open an office in California.  Obviously, as a business, its important for us to compete, and stay relevant.  That’s why we have locations in New York as well.  We work with a lot of immigration attorneys in the area, who need these services for clients.

One of the things we are most excited about is seeing our staff visit all around town, and get to help the local communities with their academic evaluation services in Los Angeles, and making sure the credential evaluation service in LA is really up to date.  We are so excited to see some sporting events as well!

If you need to contact us at this location, please see above for any instructions.  As a reminder, we are available 24/7 as well on our website and happy to help you there as well from the comfort of your own home.

Now how about a picture of Ron and the gang at a UCLA game!

if you have your documents scanned in, please visit to GET your CREDENTIAL EVALUATION IN LOS ANGELES.

Indian degree evaluation in USA


You may or may not be familiar with this fact, but for a graduate of an Indian University or College, or a person who holds a 3-year Indian bachelor’s degree, getting into a US university will not totally be a smooth ride.  In the US, it takes a duration of 4 years to acquire an equivalent bachelor’s degree, for this reason, getting into a United States college will require an Indian degree evaluation in USA completed before you apply. A 3-year Indian bachelor’s degree holder might be required to complete some extra credits to qualify for admission into a school on US soil. It must all sound like a very rigorous process lies ahead of you (Indian degree holder), and to be honest, yea. However, by the end of this guide you’ll have more than a head start to breeze through the process.


The higher education system in India is created off the British model, where a three-tier degree setup (bachelor, master, and doctorate) is applied. This system is also consistent with the US system but doesn’t share similarities in program duration with the Indian system. At the completion of the three-year university program, students are bestowed a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Business Management (B.B.M.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), or Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.), depending on faculty of study.

Where can you get your Indian bachelor’s degrees evaluated? has been around the block for over 17 years as a well respected organization with focus on evaluating international credentials. According to USES requirements which are in sync with the educational authorities in the US, a 3-year Indian bachelor’s degree can be seen as equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree if:

  1. Firstly, if the degree in view has been acquired in Division I
  2. Secondly, if the awarding institutions have been duly accredited by India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with at least an “A” grade.

What all this mumbo jumbo says is that, if you have merited a bachelor’s degree, like a B.Sc. or B.Com., with Division I from NAAC accredited universities with a “A” grade at least, then WES or other degree evaluation agencies may automatically evaluate your degree as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from the U.S.

What U.S. Universities Accept Indian Bachelor’s Degrees?

Different Universities within the U.S. set bars and hurdles to be overcome before foreign students can come in, and these hurdles are susceptible to change any time. For more accurate directions and information, applicants are advised to contact their prospective universities of choice to avoid unforeseen complications. To get you on your way, here are some universities in the US that accept candidates with three-year bachelor’s degrees and of course, Indian degrees:

  • Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
  • Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
  • Northwestern University
  • Carnegie Mellon University
  • Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
  • University of North Carolina at Charlotte
  • Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University
  • Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College

Get you Indian degree evaluation in USA here

How to validate foreign degree in USA

how to validate foreign degree in usa


For people interested in obtaining an H-1B visa, or work visa for specialty professions in the United States, validation of that degree is required. Same story goes for those who obtained a degree or degrees from foreign universities. It is mandatory to carry out the inevitable United States degree equivalency, which can be gone about in diverse ways. Your available resources will take the driving seat in deciding what validation process you choose to go with.

Here we go with some of the possible approaches:


Well recognized professional bodies, associations or organizations wield some power in the academic society these days. A widely revered and accredited professional society or association in your field of specialization is where you might want to turn to for proof of certification or registration. Of course, these prominent societies may want to test just how well you know the profession because nobody wants a bad name to their association. So, you might face interview or some sort of assessment.


Here’s the last stop, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This body has the authority to assess and validate your information if need be individually. The body will help you decide on whether the degree needed within your field of specialization or prospective workplace or industry is equivalent and has been accrued via a blend of work experience, focused training and education related to field o specialization.


Sitting through special assessment examinations is another way to acquire U.S. degree equivalency for your foreign bachelor’s degree. There are a ton of recognized university-level equivalency examinations out there, two of the most popular ones include the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the Program on Non-Collegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI). At the end of these exams, you gain points or credits which can be utilized in validating a foreign bachelor’s degree or any degree at all for use within the US.

Equivalency Evaluation via U.S. College

Running your bachelor’s degree or foreign degree via an accredited tertiary institution (college or university) is one way to validate your bachelor’s degree from a foreign country is garnering an assessment from an accredited U.S. college or university. Here, you will be receiving an assessment from an officer or personnel within the institution who has the power to offer you university-level credit for practice or training within your field of specialization. Of course, this assessment should come from a prominent university or college, if not for anything, for the sake of accountability if anything goes wrong. Well recognized schools have better success rates so, no worries there. This evaluation or validation is carried out based on your training and/or work experience.


There a ton of viable credential assessment agencies with the official power and authority to carry out degree equivalency evaluation. One of such agencies includes the American Education Research Corporation (AERC), an agency known to provide in-depth scrutiny and equivalency of foreign educational degrees to be in sync with that of the United States’ school system. Depending on how well you pass this assessment, you can have your foreign degree validated for use at any workplace.

For a FREE Quote, visit